What is Read Woke?
It’s a feeling. A form of education. A call to action, and our right as lifelong learners. It means arming yourself with knowledge to better protect your rights. Learning about others so you treat people with respect and dignity, no matter their religion, race, creed, or color.
We invite the teens (6th - 12th Graders) of Baltimore City to join the Read Woke Challenge happening November 2020 to May 2021! Read 4 books from the suggested list and get a T-Shirt, Free Book and have your picture featured on the Pratt's Instagram. We also encourage you to join in other programs specifically created for this challenge such as Movies Nights, monthly trivia nights, and MORE!
How to Participate:
1. Beginning Nov. 1st - Register for the Read Woke Challenge on either Beanstack or call and make an appointment with one of our library locations that are open for sidewalk service to pick up a log.
2. Read 4 Books from the suggested reading list found HERE.
3. If using Beanstack select the badge category that matches the book you have read and record your review. If using a paper log, write the title of the book, and the category that matches.
4. Take a picture with one or all of the books you have read! Email your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. If using a paper log, return your completed log to a library that is open for sidewalk service.
Tuesday, March 2
Wednesday, March 3
Thursday, March 4
Friday, March 5
Saturday, March 6
Sunday, March 7
Monday, March 8
Tuesday, March 9
Wednesday, March 10
Thursday, March 11
Friday, March 12